Sunday, October 12, 2008

Engagement photos

I was flattered when my Nephews Fiancee asked me to take their engagement photos. It's hard for me to believe that someone had the confidence in me when I lack experience in photography.

Having a good camera doesn't mean that you'll get good photos. Having a photographer that knows what they're doing does. I'm still learning and I hoped they would like at least three of the 50 photos I took.

It's hard to tell how the photos will turn out when you don't know what your doing. Given the fact that I should know what my in camera settings are for some reason I wait until I upload to lightroom to study the settings. Not a good thing to do!

With that said here is how the photo shoot went....I kept switching the mode from Auto to P on my Nikon D40. I should have taken the safe route by keeping it on auto, at least that way the shots would be consistant at least as far as the auto setting goes.

Skin tones changed in different lighting situations. Would have been more consistent if I wouldn't have changed the modes between shots.

1/80 sec at f/5.3, ISO 200, Exposure program: Normal, metering mode:pattern

1/125 sec at f/4.8, ISO 400, metering mode: pattern, no exposure program

1/125 sec at f/4.5, ISO 500, metering mode:pattern, no exposure program .
I love this shot! Very fun!
Edited in lightroom screen capture below. Gotta love them presets:)
Note: study EXPOSURE!
Thanks for stopping by! Now I need to get off my butt and print out this entry just in case the lawn mower man decides to pay a visit!

No comments: